Food drives are a really popular activity among individuals, families, communities and groups within the workplace it is all about having fun whilst getting involved in the fight against hunger!
We have regularly-scheduled food drives throughout the year, but you are welcome to hold your own food drive at any time of the year. We welcome all types of non-perishable food products that everyone should have access to.
The most needed food items include:
- rice, maize meal, cereal, samp and pasta
- dried beans, lentils, tinned fish, soya mince and milk powder
- jam, peanut butter and canned vegetables
- cooking oil, salt and sugar
Some guidelines when collecting food:
- Collect only non-perishable food items.
- Do not collect any cooked items/meals